Friday, November 4, 2011

Episode 3: Jesse Smigel

In this episode, we get completely sidetracked discussing atheists and religion and fight over which painting God has hanging over his couch. Our guest, Jesse Smigel from Blackbird Studios, has plenty to dish about his upcoming Atheist art show at Blackbird, "Celebrating Existence."

Here are some links to help guide you through the rarified experience of this episode:

Blackbird Studios
Jesse's Facebook page
Jesse's YouTube channel

Episode 3: Jesse Smigel by SinCityArtcast

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great show. Considerably less blue than the format I'm used to working with. I don't know how you guys do it. My roommate and I frequently have similar debates/discussions which I feel produce valid points on both sides each time. As a result of this, it can get a little heated, but at no time (in my opinion) do we disrespect each other. It was nice to hear other people not allowing their conflicting views to effect their civility toward each other and even accept a friendship in spite of those views. It makes me think that our existence on this planet still has a chance. Glad we got the classic Gina snort as well. Thanks guys. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea that's the thing - ultimately, I don't think there's really that many conflicting viewpoints minus the ONE BIG conflicting viewpoint. Our similarities far outweigh our differences.

    The biggest difference is a vague one... I think, ultimately believers subscribe to a vague supernatural explanation to even vaguer questions of which there are no real answers (yet?). God becomes yet another mystery to explain all the mysteries. And non-believers are simply far more comfortable using the phrase, "I don't know", or at least they should be. There's nothing wrong with that phrase. I find it more truthful.

    Thank you very much for listening Josh@QYDJR!
    - DR

    ReplyDelete